Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls

Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls

These are so easy and so tasty, great snacks or appetizers

Ingredients that I used

Schnieder's Mini Sizzlers break fast sausage.

Tenderflake puff Pastry

one egg.
Thaw out one bock of puff pastry at room temperature for two hours.

Roll it out on a flower covered board until about 10 x 12 inches
Cut into three strips (I used a pizza cutter)
 Brush inside with egg.
Roll up the sausage (Thawed, not cooked) with the seam on the bottom. I like Schneiders Mini Sizzlers but any sausage will work.
I cut into bite sized pieces.
Pre heat oven to 425f

Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper

Brush with egg

About 20-22 minutes in the oven until golden brown.

ENJOY! Hot or cold, with our without a dip, salsa, mustard, whatever you like (I like them plain)



















6 comments:

  1. just wondering are the sausages cooked before enclosing them in the pastry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jackie they are not cooked, it does mention that in the recipe.
      They are wonderful, so easy and very tasty.

      Delete
  2. We call these Pig in the Blankets in MI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many versions of these, but my favorite are these with the puff pastry. For me Pigs in blankets are hot dogs wrapped in pillsbury crescent rolls

      Delete
  3. Thanks this looks great when the gang come here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You are welcome Pat they will enjoy the,m for sure.

      Delete

It always nice to hear from you, we love comments.