Saturday, April 18, 2015

Chicken Avocado Burgers


        I came across a recipe for chicken avocado burgers and tweaked my interest. So researched a few recipes and all were similar but different. So looked at them all a decided to make my own version.
        So this is what I came up with and worked really well, very tasty and healthy too.

Ingredients:

1 Lb ground lean chicken (or Turkey) I prefer Turkey, but ground chicken was on sale.
1 ripe avocado (cut into chunks)
1 chopper clove of garlic
Juice from one fresh lime
And I used some salt free chicken spice, or you can used salt and pepper.

Instructions:

Add ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently.
Shape into desired sized patties and grill.

        I do not add any egg or filler, just slide very gently on the preheated grill (on med low heat) and turn once only, about 8-10 minutes as juices come to the top (A bit longer if frozen), they will not stick if done right. And about 8 more minutes until internal temp is 165 f.

added  tomato , spinach and light mayo,
sure hit the spot
I made 4 burgers and will freeze 2, apparently they freeze well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It always nice to hear from you, we love comments.