Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Honey Garlic Chicken wings in the slow cooker

      We had a small box of chicken wings that I thought were plain but they had hot sauce on them and Suzie does not do hot sauce.

      Solution: 

       Thaw them out, wash the hot sauce off and put in the slow cooker with a tasty homemade honey garlic sauce. Simple easy and so very tasty.

very tasty but sweet and sticky

Ingredients:

Chicken Wing pieces                      1 clove garlic chopped or more
1 cup soya sauce                             Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbls honey                                   I did not salt as I figured the soya sauce has enough sodium
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions:

       Wash and dry the raw chicken wing pieces and place in the slow cooker.
 Mix together sauce ingredients pour over the wings and stir to coat them.
 Turn slow cooker on low 4 to 6 hours until done 165f internal temp.

       I served with a brown rice pilaf and our side salad. Or you could do a batch and serve as appetizers or snacks.

4 comments:

  1. Is this right, two cups of honey? That is more than my bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that was a typo that nobody picked up until now. Should be 2-3 tbls..

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to try some of your recipes. They are pretty easy and look very good. I like the photos with each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks Flowergirl, I like to cook easy and with a tasty result, U thunk you wiil enjoy most of them.

      Delete

It always nice to hear from you, we love comments.